Thread: Speculation: Fire Todd Mclellan
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Lebanezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterPro 21 View Post
I think you make a good point but look at the Miami Dolphins as a prime example (i know, a whole different sport) of bad front office. Their players play well but the FO is so bad that no one will play for them. I feel like its the coaching thats holding up the team, well that and a little bit of the GMs willingness to trade away prospects and picks...
To be fair the dolphins suck, and the Sharks haven't sucked until recently. However, there is something to be said about the feel of the organization. Doug really seems to be intent on creating an atmosphere of success and history, the only problem is, he skipped the part where the team earns that reputation by working hard and winning. I don't entirely hate what he's doing, but I think it's odd that he's molding the team after the red wings when Ken Holland and the red wings organization has earned their reputation. The whole Sharks organization has yet to break through and establish themselves as a championship organization. When that happens they can carry themselves with a little more pride, but until then, it's time to swallow it and make the tough decisions.

In regards to the article about McLellan. His entire system is shoot the puck. If there are any nuances to it, I'd be shocked. The most infuriating part about his system is there is absolutely no ****ing room for creativity. Any creativity that might have existed has been demolished along with the team's spirit. However, there is one exception, and that is Martin Havlat. He doesn't pin the puck to the boards, he skates and uses his creativity to create scoring chances. No other sharks forward even attempts what Havlat does, they all shoot the puck from great distance, or pin it to the boards, or dump it behind the net and try to force passes through 8 legs. It's a robotic, ineffective style of play with limited quality scoring chances. The funniest part is, the Sharks are not creative, nor do they work hard and play a gritty game. So of course they're gonna suck. There is no identity to the team, because the coach has in essence, made that their identity.

What's the cliche? Will beats skill every time? What do you do when the team is coached into using neither? Oh right, you suck ass. His time has come and he's clearly not the right man for the job.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote