View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
No horse in this race fellas, long time Ranger fan and bigtime hockey fan in general and matter of fact and big fan of Doaner for years as besides a poolie owner of his, I simply love his gritty yet skilled style of play. Sure he's crossed the line a few times and he's certainly no "angel" but any knowledgable hockey observer would not consider him a dirty player at all. That said, let's be honest here guys, Doan elbows Benn right on the chin and its as blatant as blatant can be. Even if I were a Yotes fan with Yote colored glasses on, there is no defending Doan on this one as it's clearly obvious.

There is no "JFK Conspiracy" or "Zapruder film" stuff or theories that can be claimed otherwise here...so stop that kind of talk as its plain nonsense. I don't see the Benn embellishment that is mentioned either. Guy was cold coccked and he reacted like any of us would react if we were elbowed in the face not knowing it was coming. That's my unbiased opinion and can't see anything less than 3 games for Doaner which kind of sux seeing your Yotes absolutaly need him down the stretch.

Anyways, good luck to you guys down the stretch...cheers
Or you could actually read what I wrote in my following reply in which I said at bare minimum Doan hit Benn underneath the chin around the throat. In either scenario its a high hit for which Doan should be suspended. So no need to start calling me a liar/homer/conspiracy theorist or any of that as if I'm trying to absolve Doan from anything he did wrong because of my love for this team. God forbid anyone actually take a closer/slower look at a play rather than relying on first reaction emotions. My arguement was only that the contact itself wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be.... the act of Doan getting his elbow that high however is as bad as people are making it out to be. At no point have I argued that Doan shouldn't be suspended.

As far as Benn embellishing it, the throwing his head back is the same type of embellishment every player in the league does when they get clipped up high. The crying on the bench however is pathetic, especially when you consider he didn't miss a shift.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote