Old
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
He did not.

He dropped 31 points in 81 games (0.38 PPG) as an 18-year-old fresh off the draft playing limited minutes in a two-way role.

Then there was a lockout, and then the year of inflated offense where he dropped 100.

Sean Couturier has dropped 24 points in 68 games (0.35 PPG) as an 18-year-old fresh off the draft playing limited minutes in a two-way role.
You're correct, I remembered incorrectly. When I thought back to it that just felt like his rookie year to me. Maybe due to the lock out. I still think that may be a bit optimistic because I think Staal is and was a better athlete than Couturier, which could hold Couturier from reaching Staal's level (but there are a lot of reasons why that doesn't have to remain true). I hope you're right about him though, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
He'll be alright. His physicality and effort will assure that his skill is not wasted. That's the difference between Schenn and Kadri.
I agree. To put it simply, I feel like he exploited his skill advantage to it's absolute maximum at the junior level to get the production he did. At the NHL level I just don't think that outstanding production is going to carry over, I do think his work rate on the ice is going to earn him a spot as a very solid producer on an NHL roster though.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote