View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
In the Oilers case though this isn't as relevant (in terms of who initiated the rebuild ... was it management dicating versus the GM) ... fate intervened and forced us to examine and choose that route with Hemsky and Khabibulin being lost for the season early on a couple of years ago.

The only real decision the Oilers made after that was leading up to the Hall/Seguin sweepstakes was whether or not they were now going to do that for 1-3 more seasons ... and obviously I think both ownership and the GM saw the merit in it.

A more applicable situation to your scenario may be Calgary ... where ownership very much would have to be the ones that would allow Iginla to be traded and for a real rebuild to start. Feaster is simply not allowed to just trade Iginla or Kiprusoff.
See...now you are blurring the lines. Since when was Katz part of the hockey Management team?

As for Feaster...I would have my ass out looking for a new job. Assuming of course that there is some truth to your claim...it could be BS.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote