View Single Post
Old
11-16-2003, 07:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
is it possible to do a more detailed player analysis for each player over the course of each year... updating say the top 20 each year. I notice that a blurb tends to get written when guys are drafted, but they are rarely updated in their individual pages... (not *****in' about the fantastic work you guys do at all)

for example we could rate (on a scale of 1-10; 1 being hopelessly inept, and 10 being on par with an NHLer reknown for their hands/speed/hockey-sense/etc, with 5 being average for an NHLer):
straight-away speed,
speed with the puck,
skating technique,
turning/pivoting,
balance,
agility,
hockey-sense,
levels of play with and without the puck,
shot power and accuracy,
stick-work (magic hands, or hands of stone),
nastiness indicator (ie i read recently that plekanec plays "dirty")
improvement from one write-up to the next (i.e. went from a 5.5 to 7.0 because...)

i'd find an updated section like that VERY interesting, especially since i don't actually get to see as much hockey as i'd like!

Aside from the above... what can you say about Korneev? He's jumped WAY up the charts recently... what does his play look like from that one time you saw him?
Well it would be interesting to do that, but it's a one man show here, and that would take a good bit of time to do every 2-3 weeks. The problem is I see as many as I can, but since I am not getting paid to do this (or any of the other writing I do) I can't really do something like that.

I'd like to have my own website just for Hab prospects, so I could show highlights of the games I get on tape. But that's gota wait a while till I have the money to get it done.

I could do something like that for a couple at a time maybe. It's something to think about.