View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

vCash: 500
Ryan Murray is a heckuva defenseman that brings a ton of intangibles to the table. But how those intangibles will equate at the pro level is the thing that have people unsure of what he is. He seems a bit undersized to be a pure shutdown player. Not sure if how his offense will translate to the pros.

Vision and hockey sense are two of his biggest attributes, something that Oilers head scout, Stu Macgregor grades highly on. I'm sure he's wrestling with these same questions as I am.

With Gernat, Klefbom and Marincin in the pipeline, I'm not sure the Oilers need another "good at everything but not great at anything" type defenders. What they will likely need is a dynamic gamebreaker on the backend. And that player would be Dumba. Even though Murray is likely better than all of the above, the Oilers need to trust the pieces they have drafted and start to surround them with pieces that fit.

Essentially, what I am saying is, the Oilers will be able to get more out of Dumba than they will out of Murray.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote