Thread: PGT: Tank on Habs lose 3-0
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post
People who think a top pick will transform us from a bottom feeder to a top contender are at risk of being severely disappointed. I hope that i'm wrong but we need at least 2-3 years minimum to sort all this mess. Maybe less if we get a competent a pro active GM who know what he's doing.

That said getting the best possible pick this year is still the best course of action and a small step in the good direction. That's why the tank shall go on
I think you're right on all counts. It probably will take a couple of years to get this sorted out and actually become contenders. I'm just worried that we're going to do more stupid quick fix moves next year instead of just being patient and rebuilding properly.

As for this year's pick, let's just hope it's a good one regardless of where we get him from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Getting a high pick is good but let's not do this again for a while
I don't think I can take 2 back to back years tanking
Next year is a total crapshoot. Dealing away Cammy and Ak won't help our playoff chances next season. Bourque is looking more and more like the player Calgary couldn't wait to get rid of and we still have huge holes on defense.

We've got some excellent young pieces to build around though. Price, Subban, Emelin, Max are all great. Gorges is still young and we've got some other good young players and prospects that we can develop. I just hope we stick to actually PLAYING those younger players.

People who keep talking about us finally having a good line and that will get us into the playoffs next year? Well, that line has produced well THIS season and we've still sucked. What happens if they slump next year? We could easily find ourselves in the same situation.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote