Thread: Post-Game Talk: Sharks/Kings talk continued
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 02:32 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 338
You know there is a ton of talk about how there is 9 games left and the Sharks still have a shot. I'm thinking about this team today and hearing various comments and I think my problem with the team is I don't see them improving and really getting out of this slump. Perhaps I'm wrong because I haven't looked at the stats, but I see players like Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Clowe not do anything and they are the core players on this team. Marleau and Thornton are the seasoned veterans and they have either been really inconsistent, or just invisible. I looked at the schedule today and the last time they scored 4 or more goals was the game against Tampa Bay, and they lost 6-5 in OT. That was 18 games ago and now with 9 games left, I don't have confidence they will improve.

Also, I'm almost leaning towards the direction of hoping the Sharks don't make the playoffs. They make the playoffs, the status quo is in tact. They don't make the playoffs, and there might be some meaningful soul searching with this franchise and maybe moving in a new direction. I don't want T-Mac to come back, I want the team to get younger, and I really want to see a change in direction. Until then I just see more of the same for the next 9 games and that's really unfortunate.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote