Thread: kyle greentree
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Aviary View Post
I don't know much about Johnson, I think he's just a guy with some skills that aren't quite NHL caliber.

Ben Walter has a shot at making the Flames, he's signed through next year with a decent AHL salary (275k). He's defensively responsible but he's not much of a forechecker - in Bridgeport he was the forward up high, he could capitalize on good chances but didn't show off a lot. He doesn't do much board work, and he seems hesitant to go deep, but he's got a shot at the NHL with a team with a system that fits his skill set (Calgary).

I don't know much about Bracken Kearns, but I've heard him compared to Kris Newbury so I'd avoid him like the plague. He's got a hockey-as-**** name though.

Kyle Wilson is a fairly well rounded player who is a bit soft on the puck and hasn't improved enough with time. Benefits from playing against undersized guys.
Walter will not be on the Flames next season, he was signed strictly as a player to help the Heat become a playoff team. I think the fact he has not gotten a single recall this year despite all the Flames injuries is evidence of this. I also don't think its a coincidence he was signed around the same time Abbotsford hired his dad.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote