View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 84
I am proud and relieved to share that we are the champions of division c+, 18 and over adult league in Rochester Michigan!

Our championship match last night was against the #3 team who had turned on late and won their last games handily. It was a sick game-they had a 1 goal lead early but going into the 3rd we were ahead 4-2. Wouldn't you know it they hustled very hard and tied it up. We won in the 2nd overtime.

Our team is so cool. No one has ever tried to give advice, criticism, or make any plan. In the locker room after a game there is very little comment about what happened on the ice. The only celebration I saw all season was the game winning goal where the players on the ice had a group hug.

We are a mix of guys that never played organized (our goalie has only played 3 years), house league, travel players, and our star defense who played college club. I joined the team 2 months into the season and what a fun team to be part of.

Going 20-5 all season, I think we should move up to the B division. We will get crushed but it would make us a better team overall. We'll see what the captain, team, and organizers feel is best for the future.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote