View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 12:29 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Stars fan, coming in peace.

Just a couple things. I felt the suspension was just and fair. There wasn't any malicious intent, just a stupid, careless play that went bad.

Also, for those of you saying Benn embellished the hit, it's similar to getting high-sticked in the face. It's a natural instinct, can't really avoid that. He didn't sell it, he simply jerked away and went down, like most people would've done.

Also, he was hit in the nose a bit, which explains the tears on the bench. If you've ever been hit in the nose, you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's extremely rare for anyone of the Stars' to dive. It's just a mentality of the team. Sure, he dove a lot in Montreal, but that was over 5 years ago. You won't see him dive now.
I guess you didn't see O'Reilly get high sticked against the Flames the other night, blood pouring out. He went off the ice, got the nost plugged up, and was back skating on the ice the very next shift. Not just his scheduled shift, but the next shift period that was on the ice after the refs were talking.

Appreciate the drive by though!

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote