03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
A few things to keep in mind

if we end up choosing ball hockey, its about 50 bucks an hour to book the gym at Brittania, thats about the only community centre in the city that has open booking on weekends, all the other ones are usually taken up by programs.

UBC osborne should be available for booking as well for about 30 an hour but that place has the cement floors and it will kill your sticks and pads. I'd go with Brittania based on experience, gym floor is more fun than cement.

theres also the hockey box at QE park for roller/ball hockey thats for free, but on weekends that are usually people there starting at 12 so if we want to play there we'd have to show up by 11.

ice hockey wise, community centers such as kerrisdale/brittania are generally cheaper than 8 rinks (bad ice though), if they are still open in may i'd book at the community centers they are less in demand
I'm partial to ice myself as I love any excuse to get my skates out. (and I don't have a stick for ball hockey use...I forgot how badly sticks can get mangled playing on concrete, thanks for reminding me)

Britannia is the one in downtown Vancouver, right? Near Denman St?

And Kerrisdale, that takes me back. I haven't played in that rink since I was 11 or 12 years old.

Another advantage of 8-Rinks is that it has a restaurant/bar/lounge right upstairs for gathering afterwards. In an ideal world, the Canucks would still be playing playoff hockey in May...wouldn't that be great if we could combine the day into a shinny/Canuck game event.