View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't you think it's a little bit early to pass judgment? He's played what? 5-6 games?
Guy has barely played any hockey in 2 years? Were you expecting him to be getting his strides back this quickly?

I thought a realistic time frame before really judging him was a full season, not a handful of games...

To be honest, I'm actually impressed with Markov.

I've been injured myself from the sport I practice. Back problems, broken collarbone, just being out a month take a big toll on your body and sets you back a lot. So, 2years off? I'm not surprised Markov is lost. It was expected.
Be patient man, he'll improve again as long as he stays healthy, you'll see.
I don't think it's too early to pass judgement on how he's played, no. As I said, he could turn it around but he hasn't looked good in my eyes anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He looks good with the puck on his stick and skating forward. His passes are still sublime and he sees the ice as good as ever, knows when to jump in the play.

Without the puck his reactions and change of directions are slow..not a big shock having barely played the last 2 years and jumping in with everybody else in midseason shape.
I don't think his skating looks good. The pass to MaxPac in his first game back was absolutely unreal but I haven't seen too much in his game to make me think that he looks good.

Hopefully he turns it around but man, he looks a little bit lost out there.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote