View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post
That's exactly my point. Orr is the better fighter but Rosehill is the better player. That's the evolution of enforcers that is slowly but surely taking place across the NHL. Now this may not be the best exemple but you know what i mean

What ? Gaustad may not be the toughest guy in the league but he isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. The guy dropped them against Neil , Boulton , Lucic , Prust ect. He's also in the middle of scrums more often than not. To say that Paul Gaustad doesn't add any toughness is like saying Moen doesn't either. That doesn't compute. Just because he isn't the best fighter doesn't mean he isn't tough. And that's on top of all the other skills he possess (good defensively/on the pk , lay big hits , get under the opponent skin , produce decently for a bottom 6 forward , good leader ect). I'd take all those attributes and some toughness before the ability to hang with Lucic , Scott ect.

There is a reason why he went for a 1st at the deadline. The guy is a premium bottom 6 forward who does a bit of everything
You said Prust instead of Staubitz. Staubitz is much more able to keep up with the pace than say MacIntyre or Laraque. You pay him 600-700k and if he only plays 45-60 games it's no big deal.

Not a huge fan of Gaustad, especially given that he will probably get something like 10 mil for 4 years or 7.5 for 3.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote