View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Yes, but I'm still shocked at how it all turned out.

He added Cole, and we had DD and Pacioretty for the full season. That's one badass line we didn't have. Hammer got replaced by Gorges. In theory, we should have done as good as last year even with a less experienced and injured D.

I don't understand how we couldn't make 2 more good lines with Plekanec, Cammy, Gomez. Gionta, AK, Eller and Moen. Well, I do. Gionta got injured, Gomez still sucked and Cammy .. I dunno what was wrong with him but yeah..

But really, at the beginning of the season I was definitely not expecting a huge struggled like that.

What I really blame Gauthier for is scrambling to salvage the bad situation and getting Kaberle and Bourque instead of trading Spacho and Cammy for picks/prospects saddling us with yet more horrible contracts and players with zero heart.
Yeah, that's the worst thing that happened. It seems like gauthier was first in salvage mode with the addition of kaberle and firing parts of the coaching staff, but then he went into cost cutting and future mode with the gill, and kostitsyn moves. Whether Gauthier had a free reign or whether he was complying with molson's orders, I dont know. But the whole process looks bush league. Their team philosophy has been in constant flux all year.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote