rye&ginger
Nash
Timmer44
y2kcanucks
jd22 (prefers ball hockey)
sewellda (prefers ball hockey)
Hank4Hart (goalie)
Ski Powder (goalie)

I think that's enough to kind of get us started. Anyone else who wants to come and we can just drop the price as the group expands.

So at this stage, let's say we did this...

Saturday, May 12th
12:30PM - 1:45PM
Burnaby 8 Rinks
Burnaby, BC
$223.75 + Taxes = Approx. $250.60 / 15 People = $16.71 (round up to $17.00)

(Link to Prices and Times: http://icesports.com/burnaby8rinks/ice-rental.aspx)

We have two goalies and around 13 skaters, we could have a pretty good game. Full gear for goalies, sticks/gloves/skates for the skaters? (8 Rinks also has a sport shop that does skate rentals and stuff, IIRC. I could probably scrounge up some extra sticks)

Then we can head upstairs to the restaurant/lounge/bar after.

I don't mind fronting the cost and I could probably pick some people up that day. I'd be in North Van headed to Burnaby.

How does that all sound?
i have 3 spare left handed sticks that i can bring. i also recommend everyone to at least have hockey pants and shin pads to help lessen the pain if they fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I think it goes without saying that if we just go with sticks/gloves/etc. that there would be no contact. Ditto for no slapshots, although again - I could bring a foam puck to ensure no one gets dinged.

If we all had full gear or whatnot, I guess the majority could decide on those items.
if we are going to use a foam puck then we might as well play ball hockey, ice hockey without the vulcanized rubber disc just isnt the same....

another idea is to play the game with a plastic puck but switch to a real puck when we do drills/shootout games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What are the rules pertaining to contact? If skaters are just playing with sticks, gloves and a helmet I would suggest no contact, and no slap shots. If everyone wears full gear perhaps we can introduce light contact?

Also I highly recommend shin pads.
amen to the shin pads part. as long as everyone is competent on skates a little bit of contact will be more fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
^ Yeah, I was mainly wondering because I don't have the luxury of equipment past gloves, skates and stick (and helmets of course). And a jock....I'm the guy who'll have something bad happen if I don't wear one.
i have an entire spare set of gear for someone to play out. i'd say they will fit anyone from 5 feet 6 to maybe 5 feet 11. let me know if you want to borrow it. (buy a new cup though!)

Last edited by Hank4Hart: 03-22-2012 at 08:36 PM.