View Single Post
Old
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
MartinFr

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MartinFr
I gave up to play hockey last year and I miss it like hell. Right now I have no idea why I gave up playing but I suppose I felt like I nobody in the team really liked me.
I started to play when I was 10 years old in IK Oskarshamn, a pretty well known team here in Sweden, the first team is a good team in Allsvenskan (the league below SEL). By then I'd loved hockey since the day I saw Mario Lemieux play, but since I started to play in a high age I was pretty unsure and shy, but I won my teams "honourprize" after my first season which really gave me a morale boost to continue.

The "prime" came when I was 14 years old and won a place in Thomas Steens hockeycamp during a cup, which was a really huge experience, some of those I played with there are among the top of the young players here in Sweden, and I was really proud to be a part of it, though I was lightyears behind them in like every aspect of the game.

The same year my team started to play in a much better league than before, we played against the best teams here in southern Sweden, such as Frölunda, HV71, Linköping which was very cool. After two years in that league with pretty bad results I gave up to play the game and today I must say that I regret it. Today I'm 16 years old (17 in may.)

MartinFr is offline   Reply With Quote