View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I guess when a doctor tells you something you say "**** what do you know about healing and the body?. I am gonna go ask my buddies on hfboard because in hindsight they are always right"
Well, we've been right more often than management has.

Look, at this point nobody should give a crap about what the doctors say. He's missed a billion games in a row with two or three serious injuries to the same knee. If you need a doctor to tell you that your player is an injury risk, then I'd suggest that you're seeing the wrong kind of doctor.
Quote:
Markov was expected back early, you just can't seem to get it through your mind that gauthier wasn't sitting there thinking "geez how can I **** this team? Oh thats right I will sign markov long term knowing full well he wont play this year" Use some common sense for crying out loud. YOu think they are going to run out and make a huge trade against the advice of medical professionals? Give me your magic ball miss Cleo.
I don't think PG tried to screw over the team on purpose. If he was, I'd at least give him credit for that in some warped effort towards a rebuild. He screwed over the team unintentionally though, wasted assets and stuck us with dumb contracts along the way to last place - and that's why he's an idiot.

As for Markov being "expected back early" again, you have to be completely brain dead to not know that there was a very good chance he'd get hurt. Everyone seemed to know this except you Ozymandias and PG. I'm not sure why this is such a surprise to you.

PG has managed via wishful thinking and desperation. That's why we are where we are today.
Quote:
As reguards to your first point yes the coaching is a much bigger factor than markov. I see you trying to pin everything on his signing in a vain/sad attempt to blame gauthier.
First, I'm not sure where I mentioned coaching at all. It has nothing to do with anything here. So why are you trying to change the subject?

Second, if I agreed with you on the coaching being bad (and it has nothing to do with anything I've said here) - who's responsible for hiring the coach?

Third, you have it backwards. You seem to think that I'm out to get Gauthier and thus take every move and spin it in a negative way. Actually, those moves don't need spinning. They were stupid moves and THAT's why I think the guy is incompetent.
Quote:
I am sure managment will monitor his progress in these games and over the offseason, 5 games is not enough to determine sweet **** all let alone the mans career a year from now.
It's not the 5 games that have determined anything dude. It's the last three seasons of injuries that indicate that he's an injury risk. As for the last five games, he hasn't looked all that great. You say that he'll get better... well, we've heard that before and it hasn't panned out. Enough with the wishful thinking man. There's good reason to be skeptical here and that's what a smart GM would do: Take a skeptical position and expect the worst but hope for the best. We've done the opposite, we've expected and planned for the best and it's blown up in our faces two seasons in a row.

Why can't you learn from past mistakes?

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-22-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote