View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
mlechtner13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
That is great for all Otters fan to hear. I believe your opinion on this more so than any other poster that I have recently read on this matter. From what I hear Connor is not only of phenomenal talent on the ice but is a excellent person off the ice as well. I hate saying that he will for sure be in Erie even after reading your post because Im more of a I will believe it when it is written in stone kind of person, but if Erie is lucky enough to get him he is going to be absolutely loved here and treated the best way possible. Brad Boyes was the best player to play for Erie and everyone in the city knows his name and to this day he is still talked about. I remember the playoffs the year they won the title and every team in the league said the atmosphere in Erie was unmatched compared to other teams and of how loud the crowd was. The year they retired his jersey the team was not very good and it was a sellout crowd that night at least 5 years after he played here. With all due respect to Boyes Connor is a much better player at this point in his career so imagine how he would be treated here.
Yeah. The past two years before this year, the arena wasn't usually sold out, but those who were there made the atmosphere great. Erie is a great hockey town and I'm glad they just extended the arena lease. The Otters will continue to rebuild and keep getting better each and every game next season. They have the young talent with guys like Harper, Fox, Pelech, Brown, Donnay, and Maaskant.