View Single Post
Old
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'd say many more teams than just the Saints. They're just the fools who got caught, agreed to correct it and failed to correct it. Funny that it's not even the bounties that earned them this punishment, but the fact that they were told to stop and didn't.

But clearly a lot of other teams are doing it, every locker room may call it something different, or offer different incentives for different results, but it happens in many more rooms than just New Orleans.

That's why I don't have a big problem with it, it's an inherently violent game played by extremely competitive men. They all know what's going on before they step on the field. The league wants to act like it's an outrage though and this is the only time it's happened, kind of like how they were so mad about the show "Playmakers", sometimes the NFL just can't come to terms with reality.
I wouldn't have a problem with them putting incentives on hits that make the SportsCenter top 10 ... but when the criteria was injury, that's where I see the issue coming into play. Couple that with the league and owners both saying to cut it out and the staff failing to do so, let them rot in hell and I hope Peyton enjoys losing more in salary this year than most of us will make in our lives.

Just wait until this starts hitting players ... and other teams as similar programs come to light.