Old
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
what does everyone think of saku koivu and jason blake for next year? i know they're both at the end of their carrers but i think they could fit well. they also both have connections to minnesota with obviously saku and mikko being brothers, maybe saku wants to finnish his career with his little bro, and with granlund coming in another great finn to help mentor him couldnt hurt. jason blake is from moorhead maybe he wants to finnish his career in his home state, maybe get some moorhead magic going with cullen. it might just be me because ive been a fan of both of them for a while, especially blake as he played for the fighting sioux also id imagine they'd both be relatively cheap since they're a little older but still have a good amount of skill, it kinda seems like a low risk high reward type of deal, idk what do u guys think??
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

And you gotta throw some capital letters and commas there buddy. I had to read that three times before it made any sense.

I first thought that "finnish his career" was a nice pun since it was on Koivu, but doesn't really fit Blake that well... Or, well, it might. Dunno.

But yeah, it would be pointless. Two vets with no real place on our roster. I really don't see us fitting Saku anywhere, and we've got better grinders than Blake on our roster. Besides, Saku (and Teemu) will finish their careers in Ducks. I would've loved to see Saku do it in Habs, but it was not to be.

Now, Niklas Hagman on the other hand, I would've loved to see us grab him in the waivers. The guy's seriously underrated. If you want to grab a Finn for Mikael Granlund, go for Jarkko Immonen (the '82 born one). He's got insane chemistry with Mikke.