Old
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you get that Prust is a better fighter. In general he fights smaller guys and lesser fighters, Staubitz fight all the top guys so his record won't be as good.

It's not an either or choice, we already have Moen who can do what Prust does. Staubitz will cost you 500-600k for one year, in order to get a guy like Prust you'll have to give him 3 years and around 5 mil to leave NYR. That's money I prefer to spend on a 2nd line winger or a center to take some heat off Plekanec(defensively and on PK).
I get that Prust is a better fighter than Staubitz because I've watched them fight. Prust is a more methodical fighter than Staubitz, not that Staubitz just throws random haymakers, but Prust thinks the fights out better, IMO. I'm not saying Staubitz is a bad fighter, just that I think Prust would be the scarier one to fight.

They've also fought twice before that I've been able to find on youtube. One of which was voted a draw on hockey fights, the other of which was given to prust. Prust can actually play a regular shift and contribute on the scoresheet, unlike Staubitz. He also has more fights this year than Staubitz.

As for payment, I really, really doubt that a paltry 1.6-1.7/year contract is what's going to stop us from signing some offensive depth. We're all hoping that we can get Moen for the same price as when he originally signed, we'd be saying the same about Prust in a few years if we got him at 1.4-1.6.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote