View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
As good as Hagelin has played he is by no means the top line impact Lw'er that this team needs, and I am a huge fan of Hagelin. Hagelin will never be a 40-40 guy. What Hagelin is is another great young player that will eventually add to this team's depth when were reading to make that run. I've said it all along, we still need another impact forward in order for this team to be legit. The offense isn't there yet IMO.
Excellent point about Hagelin. In my opinion, the Rangers issues going forward are twofold:

1) We definitely need another impact goal scorer no matter when Kreider gets here and what he ends up developing into as goal scorer.
2) We have four defensemen(Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Erixson) who play the left side and whose games are for the most part pretty similar.
That leaves us with a need for a big, physical crease clearing defenseman who preferably plays the right side. Hopefully, McIIrath develops into that player.

I firmly believe that there should be a sense of urgency to at least attempt to make a deal for an impact goal scorer because the window of opportunity for the current group of players here won't remain open for more than 3-5 years tops.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote