View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheru View Post
I really think you take wanting Kopitar to be better to such an extent that you dismiss all the good things he does for this team even when he's not scoring. I don't get it, and I never will, I suppose. He could score a goal per game if he only tried harder! Why aren't you Jordan Staal with 40 goals!? Pfft.

Our GM finally gets us depth at forward (Gagne and Penner and Hunter and Moreau didn't work out sadly). That will help.

But they could have asked Kopitar to focus solely on offense at any point in his career. Terry Murray had a dynamic player and remolded him.

The Kings will always overload their best players and then sit around wondering why their scoring isn't higher. They could turn Stamkos into a 23 goal player. And everyone would be tutting about his potential.
What BS. Look, the evidence that Kopitar can put points on the board when he drives the middle is abundant, and it isn't the system that stopped him this season.

Kopitar simply has to decide to be the best player on the ice most nights, and he will be. That is what we are all waiting for him to do. He went pretty brain dead in his own end last night BTW.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote