NHL
KHL
Finnish SML/SEL
DEL/Swiss NLA
AHL
Czech extraliga /Allsvenskan
Slovak / Mestis
The list goes on.

I think the situation with Swedish Elitserien and the Finnish SM-Liiga has been quite even during the last few years. The top teams in Finland are slightly better than those in Sweden, but when you look at the whole league in general you can see that the teams in the Swedish league are much more even, while in Finland the worse teams can't really compete against the top teams.

Because of this I would say that the Elitserien is a little better than the SM-Liiga.

this is what I mean...

The second last team in the Elitserien this year was Djurgården, while in SM-Liiga it was HPK. I dare to say that Djurgården would easily be the winner of this match.

Then again top teams such as HIFK and Jokerit, maybe also Kalpa or Jyp could probably beat any team in the Elitserien. This is my opinion

The top teams are quite even in both leagues, with a slight advantage to the SM-Liiga, whereas the bottom teams are easily a lot stronger on the Swedish side.

*Yes I did consider the fact that Elitserien has 12 teams, while SM-Liiga has 14...

Hege is offline   Reply With Quote