View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 09:19 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I'm starting to like the idea of picking Dumba, but I don't know if we're going to finish low enough to pick him up. I wouldn't mind picking a Trouba at #6-#8. That's where we might be picking because of the better play lately. Here's our last games:

@ BUF
@ WAS
vs. NYR
vs. FLA
vs. LAK
@ CHI
@ NAS
vs. CHI
vs. PHX

We do have a decently good chance of only winning 2 of those games. If that's the case, we'd end up with 76 points. We'd be in all likelihood drafting in top 5 if that's the case, but we are getting healthy and having Koivu back will help the team win more games, so it's tough to say. I don't think we drop below #7.
I know I don't have the most recent standings chart up in the OP (Jarick posted a more recent one that I missed, but I'm waiting for a today one), but it seems that anything under 80 points should net a top 5 pick. Dumba could fall out of the top 5, but I don't see him later than 6th. The only scenario (barring an "off the board" selection) I see moving him down is Yak>Grig>Forsberg>Murray>Galchenyuk>Dumba. If we fall out of the top 5, I'm hoping for a run on defensemen, or other teams having a low opinion of Galchenyuk. My 6-10 wishlist is Galchenyuk>Rielly>Trouba>Ceci=Faksa.