View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
I've always said to my Ranger fan friends those trades made it harder for us to win the cup that year, not easier. People assume because we won the cup, that those trades were "good". But the reality is, if we don't make those trades, we probably beat NJ and Vancouver in much less than 7 games.

The trade for Anderson was the worst. I don't care what he did against Vancouver and Bure, the fact is he almost single handedly cost us the cup the first 3 rounds with his horrific play. Meanwhile, Gartner was lighting it up in Toronto.

I wish Gartner had a chance to hold the cup that year with us, he deserved it. If you look at the intros Game 1 against Vancouver you will hear Anderson being booed. He did not have a good post season for us overall.

But alas it made for a lot of drama.
I am ambivalent about that trade (I originally hated it, but I came to recognise Anderson's contribution in the finals), but regardless, I always felt Gartner got screwed. The guy deserved a cup. I used to worry that it would keep him out of the HoF, but thankfully people realised what a great player he was.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote