View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I am a huge fan of Timmins but you have taken some liberties with the facts.

Chipchura NEVER "skated like the wind". His skating was the reason that he dropped so far in the draft and was the one thing that everyone was hoping he could improve in order to be a future leader on the Canadiens. Unfortunately the injury dashed any hopes of him making significant improvement in his skating and left him as a borderline NHLer.

He never really played a power game either as he was more of a cerebral player who would play the body effectively and would stick up for teammates if required. He was a little too passive to be called a power forward in the making and was more comftorable passing the puck than driving to the net.
his skating was drastically different after the injury and not very good. His physicality was lessened after the injury also.

But my bottom line point I was trying to get at was that it wasn't a terrible "bust" pick or that Timmins' screwed up. He was a solid pick that, without the injury, could have netted us a very solid 2nd/3rd line player.

If you want to point to a massive error in judgement (if you can call it that) it would be the David Fisher pick. Not one where a player had a massive injury or one that was under devellopped.