View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I don't really have too much problem with that interview. He said he was excited to go (blah blah usual stuff). He said the guys would see the difference in playing in front of a sold out crowd and and an empty building. Coming from Chicago, he knows what it's like to play in front of an exciting crowd. I didn't take it as a slam on the fans and I'm usually pretty sensitive about that. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as what Ladd said "there were nights when the building was empty and we wished we weren't there."
I don't know...I just got the feeling that Buff was just as excited to play up the "empty building" as he was to hype up playing in Winnipeg. And it wasn't two months after the news broke. I just think there's a much better way to handle it than saying he's excited to not play in an "empty building". I would be happier in front of sold out crowds too, but I wouldn't broadcast it during one of the years biggest events while the news is very fresh. Maybe I'm too sensitve, but I am in no way a Buff fan.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote