View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
i know what you're saying but frankly any leverage a kid and his family can use to get him where they want is perfectly fine with me. You are talking about a league where they are taking 15-20 year olds far from their homes in many cases, and raking in huge dollars off these 'employees' whom in turn they do not pay.

Honestly im not even sure how its legal. lol.
You are joking right? no one is forcing these kids to move away from their homes to play hockey. They are doing it because it is the next step in their dream of one day playing in the NHL. These kids are fortunate to have the skill to be able to play at such a high level. That is like saying some one who signed up for the military should never have to leave home or fight to defend their country. I am a huge supporter of our troops do not get me wrong but they signed up to do it just like all of the players in this league.

If a player is serious about a career in hockey or any sport for that matter it may take moving away to better your game. That is just how it is and these kids will gladly do it to be playing in the NHL some day.