View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
My point in starting this thread wasn't really to start a debate about Markov, but to discuss how the defence has looked since his return. I know it's going to take Markov time. However, I will say that he hasn't looked as good as many people have said. He has 1 assist and is what, minus -3. The way some people talk, the guy is playing like Coffey out there.

Anyway, my main point is that the defence overall has not looked good. I know they've been suspect all season, but they look different since Markov's return. I get the feeling they are toning things down expecting Markov to just take over, which hasn't happened yet. I think the most noticable has been Emelin. He's looked bad at times and has been invisible. I don't remeber his last big hit. Heres a guy that was supposed to benefit from Markov's return. I think he's playing hurt.
I really don't see it, sorry. Are you telling me you think the defense has been worse with Markov in Kaberle's place? Because that's basically what's happened.

They are clearly worn out. This started before Markov came back, and it's the result of such awful depth back there.

Emelin looks like he's hurting. He's never played this long of a season, in fact Markov is probably the one reason he hasn't been shut down like Diaz, as they probably want Markov to tutor him or something.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote