View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Honestly I had not looked into anything on the goaltending side but knew there were rumblings about Luongo possibly being the one put out. I thought a few years would be suitable but then I saw the contract ran through 2022. Yeah, no thanks.

And the only reason I stuck RJ on the top line (Again, this was an off the cuff effort) was because I was trying to balance some of the experience, youth and physical characteristics of the lines (I like someone who can forecheck, play sound defense and generally not screw up on each line - granted RJ hasn't covered any of those this year but....). RJ is a second line guy in my book but we really don't have any top line guys until they grow into being them.

I like Sauer too but think the focus needs to be offense and goaltending first (not to say ignore the defense but I think it has some short and long term potential).
How did we get to this place? We have large holes on everything it seems. I'm depressed.

(btw, the earlier comment I made about keeping my answer short was referencing my own ability to ramble, not yours. I'm trying to cut back on my word count. )