View Single Post
03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Strange, you're the first person I've ever heard say they prefer Chipotle over Freebirds. Personally, I find Chipotle's burritos are far too bland for my liking so much so that I only ever ate there 3 times the entire time I lived in Dallas. I moved to Austin and had a Freebirds nearby and I've eaten there probably a dozen times in the past year.

I've gotta get over to Torchy's, but I'm always completely across town when the mood strikes.
I suppose in the interest of full disclosure I should say that I usually get the tacos at Chipotle. Their burritos are too loaded with bland rice for my taste but the tacos are down to the good stuff. Freebirds seems like a Jimmy John's for burritos, attitude and all. When I go looking for good food you can check the cliché attitude at the door, I don't need it. I also like that the flavor combinations at Chipotle are straight forward. Freebirds is all about options but to be honest I would rather a place told me what they think is good rather than me doing all the leg work. I was thoroughly unimpressed by Freebirds when I went.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote