View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Wings easily have a top ten prospect pool in my mind. I actually find it kind of interesting how little hype many of their prospects seem to get on HF Boards, but I suppose it has something to do with Detroit never getting to pick any highly touted (top 15) prospects. Anyways, top ten:

(1) Brendan Smith (anyone who has seen him play can attest to his talent level, could be very good)
(2) Gustav Nyquist (same goes for Goose, very slick player, probably the best offensive talent Detroit has seen since Datsyuk/Zetterberg)
(3) Calle Jarnkrok (very impressive for Brynas, has looked very skilled when I've watched him play during the WJCs)
(4) Tomas Jurco (good size, skill and skater, was very good for St. Johns' this year)
(5) Tomas Tatar (middle six type winger, spark plug, skilled and still only 21 in third year in AHL)
(6) Riley Sheahan (very good defensive center, with untapped offensive skill too perhaps)
(7) Marek Tvrdon (74 points in 60 games as (technically) a rookie, very good use of a 4th rounder IMO)
(8) Petr Mrazek (very good in WJCs, often compared to his idol Dominic Hasek)
(9) Xavier Ouellet (standout season in the Q, may be on Canada's WJC next year)
(10) Joakim Andersson (solid two-way center, probably third liner but has higher upside)

HMs: Landon Ferraro, Ryan Sproul, Nicklas Jensen, Mitchell Callahan, Teemu Pulkkinen
Strengths: Foward depth is pretty impressive; and defensive depth is improving (although it could use a solid defensive defenseman...although if Danny Dekeyser signs that may help to allay that weakness)
Weaknesses: Could use more goaltending depth and another stud defender wouldn't hurt
Switch up Tvrdon & Pulkinnen and it's spot on. If Ouellet has a good solid playoffs he'll find his way into my top 5. The other thing is most of our forwards have top 6 potential with 2 having top line, Nyquist & Jarnkrok.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote