View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Mike#16*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
So what would you say if Conroy was flipped to New Jersey with a 2nd rounder in 2004 for Gomez at the trade deadline? Look beyond the 'impossibility' of it all, and tell me - what would you say? There is more than enough talk to confirm at least some talks have been held. If anything comes to fruition, what would JasonMacIssac say?

The bottom line here is, would you still think it's unfair if Conroy was the main piece going to NJ, packaged with some smaller parts?
Ozy, so you are assuming the Flames will win the Draft Lottery next summer and this 2nd pick will be 31st overall, right?

Please, get real! Lou would never give up gomez for a 2nd and an impending UFA! According to the press, he is willing to part with gomez if the price is right and that is is not the case in this proposal for sure!

conroy will get calgary a conditional 3rd at best if delt at the deadline.

regarding iginla, if i am not mistaken, a few seasons ago the ducks traded shields to the rags with a little side agreement that the rights to qualify him after the season will go back to the ducks. If the flames don't make the pos i could imaging that something like this could happen. the flames could safe some money on this years payroll but can keep his rights and iginla could have a shot at the cup.