View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
KeeperOfTheCage

vCash: 500
Personally I think our prospect pool is middle of the road
(not in any particular order)
1. Devante Smith-Pelly, although I'm not sure if he should be included as he has been with the big club all season.
2. Emerson Etem, absolutely destroyed the Dub this year with Medicine Hat. looking forward to him making the big club and playing (hopefully) on the second line
3. Sami Vatanen, great defender, will look great playing alongside Sbisa or Fowler in the future
4. Max Friberg, loved this pick from the second i saw we got him with a later pick. loved him in the WJC
5. Rickard Rakell, Friberg's teammate at the WJC, also loved his game
6. John Gibson, American goalie that skipped out on the States to play in the OHL with Kitchener. great goaltending prospect that uses his size and speed very well

i do love our few high end forwards (Sexton could also be included in that list but it's arguable he's still a prospect as he's played with the big club off and on). Our d prospects are a bit thin after Vatanen, but with Sbisa and Fowler still being so young and having their mentors (Beauchemin, Lydman, Brookbank to a lesser extent) teaching them, I'm not too worried. i'd argue our goaltending is quite strong (Bobkov played for Russia in last year's WJC, Gibson is an amazing, enticing prospect, Tarkki filled in when Hiller and Ellis were hurt). while having good prospects, none are particularly amazing with stud potential aside from Etem so I'd rate our prospect pool as being somewhere between 14th-17th

KeeperOfTheCage is offline   Reply With Quote