View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Those trades may not help..

first, Poti did start the season well and has disappeared. For one, he missed a couple games due to the flu. Played a couple bad ones, and I thought he and Kaspar played well last night, better than the 'top' pairing of Leetch and deVries. That's our top pair and deVries hasn't had a good game in weeks and Leetch is struggling. That's one major problem, I think, hopefully one that in times gets corrected by Leetch getting healthier.

M&M have played well the last couple games, and overall, have played well the last several weeks. While we have this tendency to blame everything on M&M and Poti [and Kaspar], it hasn't been them of late. That, and nothing's going offensively to take the pressure off the defense. Rush after rush is mitigated and turned into a rush, and sustained pressure, the other way. This offense needs to get going. I think Mess is doing a great job, and his line has been OK...I thought both Simon and Barnaby have been missing for some time (up until last night) - ever since some line-juggling went on to foolishly break them up.

And Blackburn...none of those trades happen. I don't think CGY wants to give up Gauthier for Carter, even with some salary being paid. Hlavac wouldn't even get picked up by them off waivers.

As for Lacouture...first what does this trade do, second, Lacouture will net an 6th or 7th pick, at best, for a team looking for depth later in the season.