View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 06:39 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Sadly, I'm on constantly on college campuses and thats all I see. Every other dude has a Kings hat on and when I ask them about the team, they just give me that "get the **** out of here" kind of look.

It WILL be overused, I already think it is, especially being on campus.
I hate this too. This is especially true for the Dodgers and Lakers but now I gues it's happening with Kings merch as well. I'm sure the organizations don't mind selling some extra stuff but it kills me to see someone who doesn't know **** about the team wearing the gear.

The other day I was at Target and I saw this kid in his early 20's wearing a Kings hat. Obviously, it stuck out at me as I don't run into Kings fans all that often. It was the morning after the big win over the Ducks and I approached him with "It was nice to humiliate the Ducks last night, eh?" The dude looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

"Are you a Kings fan or just like the hat?", I asked.

"Just like the hat," he said without even looking up at me.

I kind of scoffed and and finshed the rest of my shopping but when I saw him a few minutes later I couldn't resist and said "Hey dude, that logo means alot to some people. We appreciate the support, but have a little respect if a fan approaches you"

The kid continued to look at me like I was speaking Chinese.

I then ran over him with my car.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote