View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 05:40 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I would just like to add that the leafs have alot of "safe" or pro projected prospects, as in they have games that are likely to make them at least pros (whether NHL or AHL is undetermined).

Also, in regards to Blacker. Blacker is probably NOT better than Gardiner defensively, he simply plays it differently. Gardiner is all positioning, stickwork, and simple puck separation via body angles and speed. Blacker uses his size, strength, balance, and strong puck pursuit to play d.

EDIT: Granberg. Those expect Gunnarsson IMO will be disappointed. He can move the puck and has above average hockey sense, but do not expect him to be teeing up nice passes. He can pinch and keep a cycle going but one should not expect a top 4 dman at this point (which gunnarsson is).
What i meant was Blacker plays the same style, however he focuses more on the defensive side of the game, not that he was skillfully better. Wrong choice of words i guess

Granberg's defense is similar to Gunnarsson, calm, boxes out opposition, uses his stick more than his body, i never really made mention to his offensive game.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote