View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
True but have you even bothered to check his age? How bout Craig Rivet, Ethan Moreau or Chris Clark, remember them?

We need the same player character but much younger... Vinny has one more year in my opinion and that is probably a stretch.
Cam Atkinson? Atkinson honestly looks a great deal like Prospal did back in 1995. Back then, he was a pale rookie with a full head of hair from the Czech Republic wearing #45, and he still answered to Vaclav.

If in fact the #1 pick ends up in Columbus and Yakupov is the guy, I'd be trying to acquire someone else like Prospal...older and still productive. I don't know how eager Colorado would be to lose Milan Hejduk, or how eager Hejduk would be to sign here, but I'd take a run at him. Even if he has just one or two years left, he'd still be able to slot in on the top two lines while also tutoring the young wingers in the system.

Being able to remember Prospal's rookie season makes me feel very old, by the way. I mean, I'm well past halfway to 50, but still...