View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 08:15 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahbell View Post
I love Doan...love him. I'd love to have him in Philly. I honestly think every bone in his body is commited to Phoenix...

but I will say this....

Have you ever seen Jagr handle a puck? I would put Jagr, Doan, two sticks and a puck on a sheet of ice....and I'd laugh as Jagr easily plays keepaway with Doan. I'm not saying this means Jagr is more valuable. I'm just saying that for his 10 year age difference...the man still has game and skill. He's already said money is not an issue and he love's playing in Philadelphia.

Almost every one of you argues the value of the Jagr-Hartnell-Giroux line...I'm sorry...but I don't think Doan replaces him there.

If I can't have both...and I already know money's not an issue on a one-year deal for Jagr...I take Jagr because I'm looking ahead knowing I need start thinking about Hartnell's after next year...I want Carle....absolutely want Grossman..and want to re-sign Voracek...Simmonds...the way Wellwood is playing...he's absolutely worth a contract...I probably want to make a play for LeTang to replace Timonen...aka Cap issues.
I don't think anybody doubts that Jagr will bring more skillto the team when compared to Doan. However, with the offensive depth this team has Jagr is not necessarily needed. Doan brings more to the table then just offense and leadership. I think the world of Jagr I just think going forward Doan will fill the team's need better.

As far as cap is concerned while it may not go up this year it will in subsequent years. Then as you said Kimmo's 6.3 mil comes off the books following next season, Hartnell's 4.2 mil the following year and a couple years later Briere's 6.5 mil comes off. If Kimmo and Briere are re-signed it won't be for the combined 12.8 mil. Flyers have plenty of 3rd/4th liners in the system who will fill the team's needs for cheap. Sure Flyers will be up against the cap but they always are, in other words I don't foresee this being much of a problem. Oh and Carle will most likely be looking for 5 mil +, for that i would let him walk and just bring up Gus to replace some of the offense.

Additionally Letang will more then likely be a pen for life.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote