View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I have done both and they are great for upgrading your fitness level. I was fairly fit before trying these as I am military and have to pass certain levels of fitness just to keep my job.

P90X increased overall fitness and flexibility, Insanity drove my cardio levels up but did nothing for strength or flexibility. My 10K run time was cut by over 10 minutes after one round of insanity from 49min to 38min20sec (and I didn't do a single run during that time)

I then tried both at the same time. That did great wonders. After the summer skating was easy and I am still a fairly big guy (6ft 210lb- 33yo at the time) and I was faster than most in my league and they are all much younger and smaller than I.

So as a recreational to semi-competitive player, these programs will do wonders for you. Especially if you work on your dietary intake.

But if you are a serious player looking to have a career. You'll need more than these. But it's a good start point
What is your body fat %? Do you run regularly when you weren't doing the program? That is an incredibly good 10k time.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote