View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Agreed SBOB...

the proper way to bring along these kids is to play them with vets, not play them together. When Lindros returns, I would love to see him center a line with Kovalev on the right and Lundmark to the left (I've been saying that since day one and will continue to do so). On a second line I'd have Moore on the left and Carter to the right. On the third line, Rucinsky with Holik and Barnaby. And on a fourth, Simon, Mess and Ortmeyer.

I hate excluding Lacouture, but he seems to be the odd man out. While it seems like a lot of line shuffling, it really ain't if you think of it in pairs. Holik and Rucinsky remain together, and Barnaby can fit their style. Nedved and Carter 'stay' together (they're together now, let's see how it works out). Lindros hasn't played center in a while so that's new. And Mess and Simon remain together and I think Ortmeyer will be an asset and benefit from those two.

And it's not like many lines have been going all season. Aside from the Mess line, no other line has clicked this season. I do believe that playing styles will be complementary so integration shouldn't be so difficult.