View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al14 View Post
I just don't understand tank nation.

As a certified hockey coach, I've always coached to win every game. I've always tried to instill a winning attitude with my players.

You just can't expect an NHL team to roll over and lose. The players are not taught to pick and chose when to win or lose. It's their job to play at the highest level at all times.

I just don't understand any fan that cheers against his own team.
Of course no fan thinks that a professional hockey player or team is going to lose on purpose. That being said as someone who wants a lottery pick rather than the usual middling draft pick the last sentence of yours that I bolded is what is so frustrating. Where was the effort when they had a playoff position and then just went into a tank of a huge proportion that teams like the Islanders,the old Thrashers or the Bolts would have given grudging admiration to. Where was the highest level of play versus Boston every single game this season? That is the frustration that tankers have. Basically most of us are sick of the same old same old with this franchise. Be nice to see a real top notch pick in the draft. Last one was Wendel Clark drafted first overall 27 years ago.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote