Thread: Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3 in Shootout
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Borschevsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Of course no fan thinks that a professional hockey player or team is going to lose on purpose. That being said as someone who wants a lottery pick rather than the usual middling draft pick the last sentence of yours that I bolded is what is so frustrating. Where was the effort when they had a playoff position and then just went into a tank of a huge proportion that teams like the Islanders,the old Thrashers or the Bolts would have given grudging admiration to. Where was the highest level of play versus Boston every single game this season? That is the frustration that tankers have. Basically most of us are sick of the same old same old with this franchise. Be nice to see a real top notch pick in the draft. Last one was Wendel Clark drafted first overall 27 years ago.
I will have to agree with this post. It seems some anti-tankers just don't get it. Most pro-tankers don't actually believe the team will lose on purpose. I don't even know why you guys keep reiterating that. It's about the constant frustration with this team and the losing when it counts and winning when it doesn't.

Remember all the talk about late season surges equaling a winning environment that will help in the long run? Yeah, that's worked great, hasn't it?

Seriously, we have this same conversation every year. We have this same scenario play out every year. We're stuck in the same spot every year. And yet, the anti-tankers take offense to us wanting to see something different for a change?

Borschevsky is offline   Reply With Quote