View Single Post
Old
03-23-2012, 10:59 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think AA is going to be centering our second line. Step's play has slipped a bit, they might try to give him more limited minutes.

I think he has been fairly brutal on our PP as of late.

Stepan's been sort of getting stuck half-way between a lot of plays, but I don't think Torts has the option of putting him on the 3rd line the way AA can. AA's game lends itself to being either on a checking line or a scoring line. Stepan's game so far would make him a shooter on a checking line. Not a bad thing to have, but there's no-one in our bottom six that's going to open up ice for him to pull the trigger, and he doesn't handle the puck enough to make time/space for Boyle to be effective in front of the net.

Stepan's ineffective play will have to be overlooked, because there's just nowhere to put him outside the top 6.

It's awesome how one shift you look at AA and you're like awesome job defensively, and then the next shift he jumps between Cally and Dubi and the line has the best shift of the entire game. It's no surprise to anyone that knows the sport that whatever line AA's been put on has looked good this season.

Gabby and Step need a LW, we try out the whole line-up then AA slides in and the line starts rolling.

Richards and Cally need a LW, AA slides down and the line has a massive game against Philly, and then again in NJ.

Step and Gabby go through a drought after ASB… put AA back there and Gabby takes off again.

MZA and Boyle need a LW, AA slides down and the line looks like it'll be a solid contributing 3rd line.

The guy's contributions to this team this year have been massive, and he's about the most unsung player in the line-up.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote