View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 12:53 AM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
I wanted to be cutesy by paraphrasing "vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué"... but to me, being a contender means more than just being in contention for the Cup (heck, more than half the teams make it to the dance - and not all on merit): it actually means that you've got the tools to go all the way (if that even makes sense ), and as you've also pointed out, the Preds have yet to prove their REAL worth. You can't help but respect and admire what players like Weber, Suter and Rinne bring to the game, but does any team in the league really think the Preds are a threat - a major stumbling block on their way to the Cup?
I did not, since Vancouver could perform a repeat of last year even with the addition of a faceoff master and yet another 50-point forward. Detroit need not much explanation, and Chicago, with their firepower, even with bouts of inconsistency, could tear them in quite well.
But now I think, perhaps with Radulov...they might finally be the next upset wonder...but they still won't win the Cup...especially if Pittsburgh, Boston, or the Rags makes it to the Finals.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote