View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
i certainly don't hate winnipeg the city or their fans. there are quite a few that annoy the hell out of me but i know that isn't everyone and that all fan bases have those. i despise the team itself, but that's really just because it's easier to hate it than to try to like it in another city. honestly in two seasons i'll probably be indifferent to it. by that time there's a good chance that some of enstrom, slater, thorburn, hainsey, and little will be gone. then it'll just be another team to me really. a couple players i like, a couple i don't, and otherwise a lot of indifference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
I was at the next to the last Glads home game last Friday. I went to the Kelly Cup Finals when the Aces won the series in 2005. If they end up facing off in the finals again this season, I may have to go.

Truthfully though it's a little tough for me to follow the Glads game to game. The players change a lot and I can't keep up. I miss Vigilante and Schell! I also just don't get as excited as I don't feel invested in the team.
i grew up, hockey wise, on brad schell, guillaume desbiens, dave caruso, colton fretter and jon awe. i remember milan gajic's tying goal in the last game of the eastern conference finals the year they went to the finals as my favorite hockey moment besides kovalchuk's goal in the playoffs.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote