View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't see why everyone hates Gauthier so much. It's been a miserable season, but any mid-range team that loses their number one defenseman for that long is going to be in rough shape. Imagine Boston without Chara all year. Ottawa without Karlsson.

He also had a top-6 forward go down to injury. He had our best winger decide to take the year off. And he had the albatross of a Gomez contract who had to give another chance too.

I don't think he's a great GM - but he's better than Houle and Gainey. He's made some pretty great moves. This summer will be huge for my decision on him.

We need 1) to sign Suter, Parise, Wideman, Whitney, or Semin (to a lesser extent). 2) he needs to loan or demote Gomez - no buy out (unless something is in the new CBA).

Hopefully Timmins' makes the right choice in the draft.

That would be an excellent summer.

PS. I like Cunneyworth. If we replace him, I really hope he's kept as an assistant.
A whole lot of optimism here that I guess is needed in this sea of miserability. Yet, don't hold your breath on anything. I will be incredibly surprised that Gauthier sees a summer. And I don't see at all keeping Cunneyworth as an assistant unless.....the players love him so much that they ask for it. Yet, on a credibility level, it is a pretty hard sale. Strangely, I don't know if that's possible to do, I'd keep Ladouceur. But that's a decision only the new coach will take. Which will probably won't happen since you always bring your friends.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote