View Single Post
Old
03-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Alright I got to rant about something that really bothers me. Perhaps I am a movie snob (sorry it comes from my UCLA and USC training) but I HATE it when mediocre movies receive more praise then they should, especially when they are like the cliffnotes of a much better novel.

By now I am sure you have guessed the target of my rant: The Hunger Games. At first, I was really excited about this movie, it had a lot going for. Post Apoc world, an exceptional story line, and a talented cast. What could go wrong right?

I feel like the pandering to the young audience was a bit overdone and should've been taken to the proper levels of shock. I also think the editing crew and director should be replaced for the next film for their awful decisions of camera angles and shaky display of editing. There were a couple other things that really bothered me too, such as the way they changed Rue's death and their over playing of the bloodthirsty teens of district 1 and 2. Also felt like it was more geared to "hate the rich" rather than "hate the evil, corrupt government"

That being said, there were a lot of good things to take from this movie. The casting was pretty much spot on. Did a go job of showing us the world, but the bouncing between comedy and horrific violence on children was uneven and hard to digest.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 03-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.